Quinoa & Apple "Stuffing"
2 c. uncooked quinoa
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
1/4 c. dried cranberries, raisins, or currants
1/4c. chopped walnuts
1 orange, zested and juiced
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. When quinoa is almost done cooking, peel and chop the apple. Heat coconut oil in a saute pan over medium heat and let melt. Once oil is hot, add chopped apple and saute until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Place cooked quinoa and sauteed apple in a large serving or casserole dish. Add dried cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon and sea salt.
4. Whisk olive oil and orange juice together in a small bowl, pour over mixture, and toss gently.
5. Sprinkle orange zest over top.
6. Serve immediately.
Notes from Lisa
I used this in place of stuffing AND mashed potatoes at our last Thanksgiving dinner.